Saturday, February 21, 2015

magazine cover review

1. The name of this magazine in "Nature Thief", made by Jamie Council, from 2nd period.

2. I liked this magazine cover because the model's pose gives a good effect to the picture and it looks really fitting that she's smiling and looking off into the distance. I also liked how it is taken outdoors, and the use of a prop (the flower) to emphasize the fact that the magazine is about nature.


3. One thing Jamie could improve on is making the text/captions more visible and easier to read. Maybe use a different font.

4. I chose this cover mainly because I really like the model's pose and how it looks like she is mid-laugh, which Jamie caught with the camera. 

5. Yes, there is a barcode on this magazine.

6. The barcode definitely makes it more magazine like because without it, it would look more like a picture with words, but the barcode pulls everything together and makes its motifs clear.

7. I know this photo is a portrait, not self portrait because I know that it's not Jamie. However, I think my opinion would not change if I did know because it seems as though it was taken near nature, which would make it harder to set up the camera with leaves, bushes and trees around.

No comments:

Post a Comment