Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Student of the month artical


Renata Del Pozo, a freshman at Bowie High School, manages to become student of the month last friday After months of hard work. 

She won this award by not giving up and working very hard, she has straight A’s and a whopping 4.5 GPA!

“I was able to receive this award thanks to my parents and lovely friends who pushed me to get where I am today.” Del Pozo said. Being student of the month is a high honor that many students stride for but few actually achieve.

Del Pozo states that “I was very surprised and happy to find out I had won student of the month!” Students find out weather they won the day before the 1st of the month and throughout the month get to hold the very proud title of Student of the Month.

“I am involved in most sports throughout the year and I am apart of student council, art club, and PALS and I am also a class officer.” Del Pozo stated. The student of the month is chosen but a board of teachers that looks at your grades and how involved you are in school.

“The application process wasn't to painful, it was mostly looking up grades and getting teacher recommendations” Del Pozo states. To be able to apply for student of the month you must print out all your grades from the beginning of whatever year you are applying in and you must get at least 6 teachers recommendations, as well as your class ranking and current GPA.

Del Pazo stated that “I was competing against many of my fellow friends and most of the people who applied had very impressive grades and skills.” The students that apply for Student of the month typically have very good grades and a 4.0 GPA or above.

“I hope this award can bring me closer to my life long goal of becoming a Doctor” Del Pazo states. Most students who receive this award go on to do wonderful thing, such as highly looked at Doctors, Vice Presidents, and very successful business owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment